7300 Old Lakeville Road
In the midst of the sweeping plains between the charming wine country towns of Petaluma and Sonoma lies a fertile sun drenched valley, famous for both premium vineyards and equestrian properties. Located by the charming town of Petaluma, just 50 minutes to San Francisco, and about a half hour to Napa and Sonoma, the location is perfect for a commute or as a weekend getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life.
This 32+/- acre estate offers the best of amenities for wine and horse lovers alike.
Dramatic views to the South encompass Mt. Tam, Mt. Diablo and Mt. Burdell and overlook San Pablo Bay and the Petaluma River. At night you can even see the twinkly lights of Sonoma Horse Park! To the North and West, the ambiance is more rural with old time cattle barns dotting the landscape and cows grazing up to the fence.
- 21 acres +/- planted to Pinot Noir and Syrah, professionally managed and sold to ultra premium wineries for top quality vineyard-designate vintages
- 10 acre feet pond for irrigation plus three wells
- 6-8 acres of equestrian amenities including grazing pasture, paddocks, barn and arena
- Tuscan Olives for hand made olive oil
- 4500 sq. ft. +/- single level home
- 1 bedroom Guest unit
- Potential to build second home/staff quarters
The estate is beautifully landscaped and zoned for diverse agriculture, which allows, in addition to its core residential use, a multitude of plant and animal activities, including commercial production of many agricultural products. This is a very generous zoning classification which offers many options for the next owner. Diverse Agriculture is also an ideal zoning class for many equestrian businesses, including the training and boarding of horses, with a permit. It also may be possible to have an additional home or living unit to house staff. The property is in a scenic resource corridor so the landscape around here is protected from glaring development for all time.